Sunday, January 07, 2007



Crivens!

Saturday's Dominion-Post had a (syndicated) interview with Terry Pratchett, which inted crypticly that in addition to the recent Hogfather miniseries (which is excellent, BTW), a US director was working on a Discworld movie adaptation. Looking on Wikipedia shows which book it is: The Wee Free Men

Crivens! Pictsies! Psycho scottish smurfs with drunkenness and violence! A frypan of fear! And of course a traditional faerie story about a stolen baby brother.

I'll be looking forward to this. Almost as much as I'm looking forward to Coraline...

3 comments:

Huzzah! Though I think Coraline might be quite frightening- if it adapts successfully which I'm not sure it will. I can't say I was too taken with Mirror Mask.

Posted by Amanda : 1/07/2007 12:47:00 PM

Can't wait!

And when do we get the Hogfather on TVNZ?

Posted by Anonymous : 1/07/2007 09:44:00 PM

I was ready to love the Hogfather, but disliked it a lot.

It seemed a sprawling, disconnected mess. It could (and should) have been edited by at least a third to tighten it up. There were too many digressions that would satisfy the hardcore fans but distract and irritate the novice Pratchett-viewer like myself...

Posted by Unknown : 1/07/2007 10:18:00 PM