Thursday, July 07, 2011



An apology to Dr Mapp

Earlier today, I posted a post alleging that Dr Wayne Mapp, Minister of Science and Innovation, was drunk in the House at Question Time on Wednesday. I have since been contacted by a member of the Press Gallery who was present in the House at the time, who says

I'd say I know Dr Mapp reasonably well and can tell when he's had a few. In this case I'm 100 percent positive that he was absolutely sober.

What I saw was someone, who doesn't have a great reputation as a public speaker, trying to ham up an answer and not do it very well.

This person is obviously in a better position to judge things than I am from a video, and I see no reason to doubt them. So, my post was incorrect, and I apologise unreservedly to Dr Mapp for the error and for any slur on his character.