Friday, August 12, 2016



The TPP is dead

Its official: Hillary Clinton won't support the Trans Pacific Partnership:

The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) has been given the formal kiss of death this morning, with Hillary Clinton saying she'll will not sign up to it if she's the next US President.

"I oppose it now, I'll oppose it after the election and I'll oppose it as President," the Democratic nominee told supporters at a factory in Michigan.

It's one of the few policy positions she has in common with Republican candidate Donald Trump.

[...]

"So my message to every worker in Michigan and across America is this: I will stop any trade deal that kills jobs or holds down wages, including the Trans-Pacific Partnership."


Without the US, the TPP cannot come into force. And with a hostile congress and both presidential candidates opposing it, the US is out. So, thankyou Hillary Clinton - you've saved Pharmac and ensured the NZ copyright term won't bloat to US levels of insanity.