Tuesday, October 18, 2005



Captain Jack gets his own show!

So not only do we get another season of Dr Who, we also get to see his former companion chasing aliens around Cardiff. Hooray!

10 comments:

Television is the opiate of the masses. Just say 'no'.

Posted by Anonymous : 10/18/2005 11:07:00 PM

You know how Sturgeon's Law says that 90% of everything is crap (or words to that effect)? This looks like being part of the other 10%

And according to the BBC, P.J. Hammond ("Sapphire and Steel") is involved.

Posted by Anonymous : 10/18/2005 11:51:00 PM

Yay! At last, an action hero for gayboys!

Craig Y

Posted by Anonymous : 10/19/2005 11:31:00 AM

It's just part of RTD's secret plan to get more shots of mens' bums on British television ...

Cheers,
RB

Posted by Anonymous : 10/19/2005 11:31:00 AM

i'm not convinced by Capt Jack. i think it's because he's american, and a bit too "champion quarterback".

Posted by span : 10/19/2005 11:59:00 AM

Wheras I think he's dodgy as hell (in a dishonest sense) - which is strangely why I like him. The vibe they had going between him and the Doctor was also kindof cool...

Posted by Idiot/Savant : 10/19/2005 01:30:00 PM

Well the British have had a good run of telling interesting stories about dodgy-as-hell characters. Arthur Daley for one... and also didn't this whole series start off with a dodgy-as-hell alien on the run with a stolen Tardis?

I'm more interested in Jack being a 51st century man... and whether there will be any references to the 51st century as described in "Talons of Weng-Chiang".

I don't think Jack's so much gay as being willing to flirt with anything that isn't nailed down, and probably quite a few things that are. I'm sort of surprised he didn't offer to show the Daleks alternative uses of their sink plungers...

Posted by Anonymous : 10/19/2005 07:08:00 PM

Apparently, sexual orientation isn't a problem anymore in their version of the 51st Century. As for CJ's bum, one can only hope. I know I am!!!

Craig Y ;)

Posted by Anonymous : 10/20/2005 08:51:00 AM

It's a secret plan?

I could write a small sociology essay about the positive aspects of depiction of alternative sexualities, and how great I find it actually seeing bisexuals on TV just being bi (or omnivorous, which is a fairer description, but please don't call him gay), but it'd be a complete waste of typing and the main point in any case is that Captain Jack is smoking hot, RTD is a great writer, and the Beeb now lets you download shows they've aired in the last week...

Posted by Ghet : 10/20/2005 02:58:00 PM

Er, omnivorous means 'eats everything.' I'm sure you meant
omnisexual, ghet.

Craig Y :)

Posted by Anonymous : 10/22/2005 10:31:00 AM