Tuesday, April 18, 2006



A visit from the bandwidth fairy

Thanks to Telecom having its arm twisted (or whatever high-level stuff that they talk about in those stories about broadband), they've now started offering cheaper broadband to my ISP. Which means I've just been upgraded from a paltry 256Kbps to 3.5Mbps - for free.

Unfortunately, this isn't going to help me blog any faster. But does mean I can burn through my bandwidth cap faster than ever before. Veronica Mars episode 19, here I come...

2 comments:

You should see if you can get hold of "Dead Like Me." We have just been watching it and it is astonishingly, astonishingly good. Better than Buffy (which I do not say lightly) and waaaaaaaay better than Veronica Mars (IMO).

Posted by Amanda : 4/18/2006 02:20:00 PM

I got the upgraded to. I can download music soooo fast. The problem is, I've run my broadband usage for the month in 5 days! Now, I'm stuck at 56k. I kinda prefered the old way, cause at least I got more than a week out of it.
Telecom, if your reading this (and of course you are), increase the usage limits or I will change to something decent.
Does anyone know what the best deal?

Posted by Anonymous : 4/18/2006 07:36:00 PM