Wednesday, April 25, 2007



Tony Milne running for Christchurch City Council

Tony Milne is running for the Christchurch City Council under the Christchurch 2021 ticket. I don't know Tony well - hell, I haven't even met him, only exchanged emails and blog posts - so I can't endorse him except in the general sense of being on my preferred side of the political spectrum and agreeing on various issues. But I can at least wish him luck.

Meanwhile, I'm intrigued to see that he's trying to raise money online using ChipIn (click here to donate). It's mediated by PayPal, and denominated in US$, both of which are irritating, but it will be interesting to see how it works out. In the US, the internet has become a vital fundraising tool, particularly for left-wing candidates seeking money from the grassroots. What I'm wondering is whether there's enough kiwis online for it to become useful here.

1 comments:

its interesting, If it wasn't for the paypallness of it i'd happily hand over a few dollars, but being an expat in aus, there's no way i'd make an offline contribution.

Posted by Anonymous : 4/25/2007 06:42:00 PM