Wednesday, October 11, 2006



Crunch day for Manukau prostitution

The Manukau City Council (Control of Street Prostitution) Bill is due for its second reading today. There's been little news about it since the Local Government and Environment Committee recommended that it not proceed, and I'm not even sure at this stage whether it will face a party vote or conscience vote. I suspect the latter, in which case I expect the bill to fail by a significant margin as National's liberals join with Labour (sans George Hawkins), the Greens, Maori Party and ACT in voting it down. I'll post news as soon as I hear it, and details of the vote when I can obtain them.

1 comments:

The bill went down 46 - 73, with 2 not voting. Given the numbers, National at least allowed a conscience vote.

I'll have the details up ASAP.

Posted by Idiot/Savant : 10/11/2006 09:17:00 PM