Sunday, May 28, 2006



Restaurant Review: One Red Dog

It's been years since I've been to One Red Dog, and I remember it primarily for the shitty service. You would have to wait an hour for a table even when you had made a reservation, and would then be ignored by the staff for the rest of the night. Now, they've opened a second One Red Dog on Queen's Wharf. It's quieter and less crowded, particularly on a Sunday afternoon - but the grand tradition of shitty service continues. While the food is good, it's not that good; better to go to Hell instead.

5 comments:

Was there service?....I didn't notice.

Mike

Posted by Anonymous : 5/28/2006 08:05:00 PM

One Red Dog do stone baked pizzas, which you won't find at Hell.

I was recently introduced to Pizza Pomodoro, which I highly recommend as a master of stone baked pizza.

Posted by Anonymous : 5/29/2006 05:46:00 PM

My picks for excellent Italian-style pizzas are Mediterranean Food Warehouse on Constable St (Newtown) or the tiny place opposite Rita Angus in Kilbirnie.. bellisimo..

Posted by Anonymous : 5/29/2006 06:43:00 PM

Is that your review I/S? What did oyu eat? How was it? Was it value? Cleanliness?

Posted by Gooner : 5/31/2006 08:43:00 PM

Gooner: Sorry; when it comes to restaurants, I only do snark.

Posted by Idiot/Savant : 5/31/2006 10:52:00 PM