Tuesday, June 20, 2006



Better than a bag of bloody bones

Every Hogswatchnight, the Hogfather travels the land in his sleigh drawn by four wild boars, giving gifts to children. Good children receive gifts of pork products. Bad children get a bag of bloody bones...

This Christmas, though, we're getting something better: a TV adaptation. There's a full cast list here (short version: Ian Richardson as the voice of Death, David Jason (del-boy) as Albert, Marc Warren of the googly eyes as Mr Teatime).

I guess I'd better make sure to have the spare bandwidth for it...

3 comments:

Thanks for the cool news. Saw Mirrormask not long ago and it's definitely worth a look. Similar in feel to Clive Barker's recent kidult series, and Imagica.

- John A.

Posted by Anonymous : 6/21/2006 09:50:00 AM

I await it with trepidation. Just cannot see Discworld being done justice on TV (Mind you, that's what I thought about Hitchhiker's Guide...)

Posted by Anonymous : 6/21/2006 10:04:00 AM

I'm not sure...I always saw Susan Death as Helena Bonham Carter.

Posted by Amanda : 6/21/2006 07:15:00 PM