Thursday, December 10, 2009



Atheist buses hit New Zealand

UK_Atheist_Bus_Image_Example_Sml

Late last year, the UK got an Atheist Bus Campaign, designed to counter religious advertising with some atheist counterpropaganda. Now New Zealand has its own version - and they're looking to raise $10,000 to stick the message "There’s probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life" on the side of buses in Auckland and Wellington.

I've previously criticised the campaign as caring too much about something people shouldn't be caring about at all. I don't waste my time believing in gods; religion is just irrelevant to me. So why would I waste my time and money proclaiming this to the world? But others may care more. If you want to donate, you can do it here. Currently they're at a mere $190; it will be interesting to see if it takes off in the same way it did in the UK.