Tuesday, December 08, 2009



Sticking it to Paul Henry

Yesterday The Hand Mirror launched a campaign to target Paul Henry's advertisers over their support for his show (and by extension, his regular abuse and denigration of anyone who isn't a rich tanned white guy). It's already had its first success, with adventure company FreemanX pulling their advertising. Here's the email I received:

I wasn't particularly impressed with the presentation of our experience nor by certain things said by Paul Henry, but suffice to say we won't be advertising with them again.

Again I can't comment on Paul Henry's past comments & opinions as I simply do not watch him enough, however I would hate for FreemanX to be associated with offensive or inappropriate behavior of any kind. Our business has always been modeled off the kiwi can-do attitude, based on quality customer service.

Thank you however for bringing this to my attention & it may be a case of choosing our advertising a bit more cautiously in the future.

Hopefully they'll be the first of many. TVNZ has shown they are not interested in curbing Henry's antics; hopefully advertiser pressure will force them to.