Wednesday, September 28, 2005



An inside view

Isaac Freeman has an inside view of what its like to be an election day worker. Including this bit:

Upon completing our training, we were each issued with our Inconveniently Large Democracy Boxes. Among the other accoutrements of the Issuing Officer, these contained many pads of actual real unused ballot papers. Until this point I had not really thought about how the ballot papers would get to the the polling station, and it had not occurred to me that I would carry them there on my bicycle. Something about this didn't seem safe.

[...]

On the week leading up to Election Day, my cats and I guarded my votes from intruders. I by watching out for villains and my cats by sleeping on top of the Democracy Box.

So, if you live in Mount Wellington, voted at the Bailey Road School Hall, are allergic to cats, and suddenly had an attack after voting, it's probably because of the above.

3 comments:

Do Don's American financiers know about this stuff?

Posted by Anonymous : 9/29/2005 11:03:00 AM

Helen's American financiers obviously did!

Posted by Anonymous : 9/30/2005 08:51:00 AM

She has American financiers too? Wouldn't surprise me.

Posted by Anonymous : 9/30/2005 11:14:00 AM