Friday, September 16, 2005



Last words

As with other blogs, I won't be posting about NZ politics tomorrow, as the Electoral Act prohibits campaigning on the day. This being blogger, I can't close off comments, or even use a moderation queue, so I'll just ask people to behave themselves and respect the law.

The choice we have tomorrow is a stark one: between finally burying the 90's, or returning to them. I've made it clear which side of that argument I am on, and why, and all I can do is hope that enough of you agree with me. If not, I can only hope that three years of rampant neo-liberalism tempered only by the vagaries of Winston Peters (because he was so good at it last time) is enough for people to (re)learn their lesson.

Finally, to repeat the obvious: please remember to vote. Voting is a weapon. Voting is power. This is your chance to say what sort of New Zealand you want, and the politicians have to listen. They can ignore you the rest of the time, but not tomorrow. Whatever your views, its worth taking that opportunity to be heard.

4 comments:

Only a few hours till FREEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous : 9/16/2005 11:10:00 PM

And seeing as how it's not quite midnight yet I'll just sneak in with...

Vote for the same party as me!

Ha!

Posted by Anonymous : 9/16/2005 11:25:00 PM

If these are your last words on politics, then PRAISE THE LORD for that. Time to find another fixation.
- Fudrucker

Posted by Anonymous : 9/17/2005 11:54:00 AM

well F, what a lovely comment to make on such a day as this! may the sun come out soon and your grumpiness evaporate in its warm rays.

Posted by Span : 9/17/2005 03:55:00 PM