Tuesday, August 30, 2011



Getting involved

keepcalmvotemmp-sml

I'm a big fan of people participating in the political process, and in past elections I've encouraged people to volunteer to help out whichever party they agree with most. Last time I also stuck my time where my mouth is, and helped out with the "vote with both eyes open" campaign here in Palmerston North. This year, after considering my options, I've decided to help out with the Campaign For MMP. So I spent an hour tonight manning their desk at the CTU election forum, signing up supporters and handing out flyers and badges. It was a good experience, and with that crowd, almost everyone was knowledgeable and positive about the referendum. And at the end of it all, the orange man gave me jelly beans.

If you'd like to help out with the Campaign for MMP, you can get involved here.